1964 was a monumental year for Frankie Valli and the Fours Seasons. That year, they released several of their biggest hits: “Dawn (Go Away),” “Rag Doll,” “Ronnie,” “I’ve Got You Under My Skin,” “Silence is Golden” and “Big Man in Town.” Of course, they would go on to record many more songs that helped define the American musical landscape. So this year, let’s give props to Frankie Valli and the Four Season for their incredible accomplishments and their enduring talents as we look back to 1964, near the start of their incredible careers.
The Houston Chronicle put together a great list of other 50-year milestones to commemorate in 2014. Here are some of our favorites.
1. Ford produced the first Mustang
2. Lucky Charms cereal was introduced
3. The first G.I. Joe was manufactured
4. “Jeopardy” started its long television run
5. Martin Luther King Jr. won the Nobel Peace Prize
6. The stop-motion “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” had its TV debut.
7. “Mary Poppins,” “My Fair Lady,” “Goldfinger” and the Beatles’ “A Hard Days Night” premiered in theaters.
8. Buffalo Wings were invented in, where else, Buffalo!
9. “Funny Girl,” “Hello Dolly!” and “Fiddler on the Roof” premiered on Broadway.
10. The first Pop Tarts hit food stores in America
We hope this year marks milestones for many of you. If 2014 means 50 years of something special for you, let us know in the comments!
If you haven’t seen the legendary Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons perform live, you still have a chance to see them at a venue like no other- up close and personal – at the Cape Cod Melody Tent. Get your tickets here for July 25th and here for July 26th.
And if you were wondering what videos looked like back in 1964, here’s a taste: