12 Things to Know Before You Attend A Show
Planning to attend a show at the Cape Cod Melody Tent or our sister venue, the South Shore Music Circus? Here’s a list of things you should know to help you get the best experience possible!
- Your safety and security is our top priority.In keeping with policies at other venues, you’ll be greeted upon entry by one of our security personnel who will conduct a thorough but speedy check of all bags and purses as well as screening with an electronic wand. We do not permit bags larger than 12”x12” in the venue. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
- Haven’t been to our venue before?Both the Melody Tent and Music Circus are theaters in the round – our unique layout provides seating 360 degrees around the stage, unless the show is noted as proscenium view. The stage rotates throughout the performance, so everyone gets a great view! View our seating chart.
- All shows have an opening act, except those billed as “An Evening With…”Most shows have a standard 30-minute intermission.
- Want the best seats in the house?No seat is more than 50’ from the stage – and no section has more than 22 rows. But if you want the best of the best, we recommend you join the club! For $100 a season, club members enjoy exclusive first access to new show announcements and tickets, while also saving money on every ticket they purchase. Learn more!
- Yes – it’s really a tent.And no, it’s not air conditioned. We do our best to keep air circulating in the tent, but on a muggy August evening it can get hot – dress appropriately.
- You’ll never have to pull out your wallet for parking!Convenient lots are adjacent to our venues. We often arrange parking in church-style rows, which can be tight but ensure that everyone gets a spot. Stay in your row and leave in an orderly fashion to make it quick, safe and efficient for everyone!
- Bringing a party?For most shows, we offer discounts for groups of 12 or more. We can even make special arrangements for your party, including catered hospitality before the show. Learn more by contacting our Group Sales team!
- The show must go on!Come enjoy the show — all our shows are rain or shine.
- Forgot your ticket?Don’t worry – and no need to turn around. If you’ve forgotten or lost your ticket, we can help you at the Box Office.
- Concessions offer a variety of snacks, food and beverages!Enjoy classic summertime foods like hot dogs, ice cream, pizza, popcorn, soft pretzels, cotton candy and more! We have cold soda, juice and hot coffee as well as a variety of beer and wine to enjoy. Please note that concessions usually close at the end of intermission or by 9:45pm, so plan accordingly. Proper ID is always required for alcoholic beverages. We do not allow for outside food or drink to be brought in. Credit cards are accepted for payment at most of our stands. We also have an ATM on site!
- Unhappy with your seat?Neighbors on their cellphones? We can’t fix every problem, but our ushers are likely able to move you to a new seat or resolve any issues to ensure that your show experience is the best possible. Don’t be shy – we can’t help if you don’t share your concerns!
- Know that you’re giving back!Both the South Shore Music Circus and Cape Cod Melody tent are owned and operated by South Shore Playhouse Associates, a non-profit organization that supports arts and education programs in the region. Profits from tickets sales are reinvested in the local community, thanks to your support!
We’re thrilled to announce ZZ Top coming to the Cape Cod Melody Tent at the end of August! The bearded Hall of Famers will make the Melody Tent debut on August 30th.
Having formed more than four decades ago in the Houston area of Texas, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees ZZ Top continue to be a relentless touring machine. The bearded duo of singer/guitarist Billy Gibbons and bassist/singer Dusty Hill, and drummer Frank Beard, aka “the man with no beard” have consistently rocked audiences with their brand of chrome-plated, electrified dirty blues. Hot rods, buzzards, B.B.Q., cacti, furry guitars and alluring women are some the many images that have become synonymous with the ZZ Top experience but their blues/rock sonic skew has kept them in forefront for longer than any US-based band.
Audiences can look forward to seeing them belt out timeless hits such as “Legs,” “La Grange,” Sharp Dressed Man,” “Tush,” and many more from their 15 studio albums.