March 2015

National Puppy Day Puppy Facts!

In honor of National Puppy Day we decided to forgo the usual “Fun Music Facts of the Day” and give you a few fun puppy facts.

1. There are more puppies born in the US each year (6.2 million) than babies. (4 million)

new-born-pups

2. Puppies get lonely, just like us. They are in the womb with a litter and are born with a litter so they love the company of humans or other animals.

Cute-Kittens-and-Puppies-Together-HD-Wallpaper-For-Desktop-Background

3. In 2013, the most popular breed of puppy was the Labrador Retriever. The second most popular that year was the German Shepherd.

Yellow-And-Black-Labrador-Retriever-Puppy

4. Puppies are born without teeth and don’t yet have the ability to hear or smell.

bourne-teeth-gums-11-days

5. The first sense that puppies begin to use is their sense of touch.

tumblr_m9wmqc3XQu1rnfkqbo1_1280

6. Puppies nose-prints are as unique as a humans fingerprints. No two prints are alike.

big-nose

7. Puppies keep their eyes closed for the first 9-12 days of their lives.

puppy eyes

8. Puppies only listen to the first syllable of a word. For all you people out there naming your puppy Mister Fuzzy Paws, all they hear is Mist.

Dog-listening

9. During their first week of life, puppies spend 90% of their days asleep and the other 10% eating. Sweet life!

sleeping-puppy-

10. At one year old, a puppy is considered an adult.

Time-Lapse-Puppy-to-Adult-in-40-seconds.-Dunder-German-shepherd

Extra puppy fact

-The Beatles song “A Day In The Life” has a high pitched whistle at the end of it only audible to dogs. It’s said that Paul McCartney put it in for his Shetland Sheepdog.

paul_mccartney_gallery_6a_1_medium

Hunter Hayes is having an amazing 2015 so far.

2015 is barely underway, but it is already arguably the biggest year in Hunter Hayes’ young career.

The news from earlier this week that Hayes’ song “I Want Crazy” just hit double platinum (2,000,000 sold) is just the cherry on top. So far in 2015 Hunter has seen two of his songs go gold (Everybody Got Somebody But Me & Invisible) one song go double platinum, he won the People’s Choice Award for Favorite Male Country Artist, he hosted the Grammy Awards Premier Ceremony and won a YouTube award for being a Top 50 Artist of 2015.


Hunter will be at the Melody Tent this summer on August 28th at 8PM. Get your tickets HERE or call our box office today!

Show More Posts
post deafult loader image